Science Hesitancy & Data “Illiteracy”:- The Real Reason Behind Our Beloved Puneet’s Death
Recently, we lost one of our youth icons, Puneet at the young age of 40 in a heart attack. Before that, Sourabh Ganguly had his second heart attack, after the first cardiac surgery.
During the second wave of COVID, the Mortality rate in Indian hospitals was 13%. In COVID, the overall mortality was less than 3%!!!
From 13 lakhs Cardiac deaths in 1990, out of a population of 87 cr then, by 2019, our Cardiac events surpassed 28 lakhs, out of 136 cr, a stiff increase of 5% in Cardiac death prevalence.
Only 3% of the reported cardiac cases got proper medical support in their golden hour. ONLY 3%.
📊1. 332 MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS(60%) OUT OF 579 MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS PRODUCED ZERO RESEARCH ARTICLES BETWEEN 2004 TO 2014.
2. AIIMS, PGMIR Chandigarh, CMC Vellore, and Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS Lucknow account for 60% of total Indian medical research articles presented during this time.
3. Only 25 Medical Institutions have published more than 100 papers per year.
4. Myo Clinic, a non-profit American Medical institution has presented 3700 papers/year, three times more than AIIMS.
5. So, only 40% of Indian doctors pass out from Intellectual scientific culture. So, only 20,000 cardiologists, out of 52,000 registered cardiologists have any scientific exposure.
6. Our celebrated private hospitals are nowhere to be seen in the research domain.
📊WE HAVE ONE SCIENTIFIC cardiologist for EVERY 69,000 INDIANS.
Let that sink in.
WHY PEER REVIEW?
Chronic disease management is data-driven management. So, doctors are to be data and statistics literate. They not only need to treat but associate data-driven prognosis to the management.
HOW MANY DOCTORS EXPLAINED YOUR REPORT and “WHY”?
📊 Indian doctors spend only 2 minutes with their patients(WHO)
It is hard for doctors with distance to science to understand the actual quantitative changes in the patients.
Unless a doctor has opened up his practice observations to criticism and evaluation to peer-review, he hasn’t taken any steps for calibration and upgrade.
BECAUSE OF DATA ILLITERACY, AND SCIENCE HESITANCY, TECH-ENABLED DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF INDIAN HEALTHCARE IS NOT POSSIBLE BY THE EXISTING SYSTEM
An AIIMS study conducted on over 5000 subjects, has stated that 85% of the stents in India are unnecessary. Even if a cardiologist does 10 cases/day, it will take him three decades to complete a one-time evaluation of his target of 69,000.
Puneet died, and our youth is suffering because of the Science Hesitancy of our Healthcare System.
Acculi Labs Pvt Ltd communicated 10 articles in Mental and Cardiovascular health in the last three months alone, more than all medical institutions of Karnataka in 10 years!
You solve problems by actions, by science, by data, by research, by intellect, by human interaction, not by degrees and talks. Get over the Science Hesitancy soon.
Book Lyfas Test If you have are not finding an answer to your health issues, book your Lyfas test and therapeutic